- 2 cans Cannellini Beans, or Kidney/Great Northern Beans, Rinsed/Drained
- 1 can Chickpeas, Rinsed/Drained
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 32 oz Unsalted Vegetable Broth
- 7 oz Celery and Onions, Diced
- 4 oz Carrots, Diced
- 4 tsp Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2-3 tsp Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale or Escarole, Chopped
- 1 Lemon, Zested & Juiced
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese for Garnish (Optional)
Method of Preparation
Blend 1 can of cannellini beans with 1 cup of broth.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and cook until softened.
Add garlic, salt and pepper and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the remaining beans and rosemary. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in blended bean mixture, broth and chopped kale. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and zest. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.